Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hand-made Valentine's Paper

This year Jeff and I have decided to exchange Valentine's gifts.  I got him two little gifts and decided to make my own wrapping paper.

I used what I had, and it matches his card (I'm not showing you the card because Jeff reads my blog).  The stamp and ink were left over from my wedding.  I used to have a great collection of stamps, but gave them away (you know, in a purge flurry) so this is the only stamp I have.  I would love to get some more colors of ink, but the brown works well for a man-present.
These are the supplies.  The paper came from a large roll of paper I bought on sale last summer to protect my floors when paining (I mean a BIG roll).
One technique I used that I like is to do a second stamping between ink applications.  The paper gets this nice two-tone look.  I like, I like.

I tied a little natural twine and that's it.  A nice little project.  Took no time at all.
I'm thinking that with some more stamps and colors of ink I could use that huge roll of brown paper for many different holidays...hhmmm...my cheap solution to wrapping perhaps.

Does anyone else have that problem...they give something away and then regret it for years to come (I guess that's why I have so much stuff)?

This post is linked to this link up party.


Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden

The DIY Show Off

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me smile and leave a comment!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)