Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What I Ate (Highlights) #6

I'm doing something different his week, I'm giving you highlights of my cooking from the whole week.  These are the foods I made that I am particularly proud of.  I also learned a lot about photographing food.  I like my camera a while lot more now that I have more control (we still have our disagreements, but it is getting better).

Without further ado, here are the HIGHLIGHTS!!!

1. Chicken Soup:
It takes hours to make but it is so good and so good for you.  This is my step-mother's recipe, she has taught me a lot about cooking.

2. Strawberry Tart

I had some leftover filo dough from a chicken pot pie (no good shots of that one) and made this.  Jeff and I shared it and it was devine.  This was so easy to do.


3. Sushi (no fish)


4. Strawberry, Yogurt and Granola Parfait (it is not exactly a parfait, but close)
I got the idea from a desert at Ruby Tuesday.  This was also quite easy to make.  (Can you tell I love deserts?)

There you have meals that have made me happy this week.  If you did not notice, I just love experimenting with my deserts.  The parfait was a great success, and very low calorie.  In our county restaurants have to list their calorie count for each meal, and this desert was the lowest on their list of deserts (way lower than our usual Tiramisu).

If anyone wants any recipes just let me know.  I'm happy to give them to you.

6 comments:

  1. those look so yummy! thanks for commenting on the bathroom. i love it too. yellow and gray are my new fave colors. you'll have do a post when you stencil yours, i'd love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum yum yum! veggie sushi is my go-to food weekly! love it =)

    don't forget the button for the party girl!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sushi! I am impressed. That strawberry tart looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! It all looks so good...especially that strawberry tart! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sushi too :) Especially spicy crab!

    How did you make your parfait? It looks DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)