Thursday, May 26, 2011

Orange Laptop Case

I left my old laptop case in India and I am ready for a new one.  Then it hit me, why don't I just make my own?  In less than an hour (not including finding the thread and making the bobbin) I had a very nice, perfectly fitting laptop case, and it's ORANGE!!!

This case is not really designed to protect the computer if you drop it or bump it around, but it will keep the computer from slight scratches in your bag. 

So how did I do it?

Basically it is just one piece of felt sewn up on the sides.


I made the piece of felt double the width of my laptop plus five inches to fold over.   The flap end was hemmed on inch in from the end so that I can sew light magnets to hold it down.  I have yet to get the magnets, but that cane be done later.



Jeff wants me to make one for him (but not orange) and I think I will use two layers of felt, maybe in different colors.  I'm excited to make more.

Alright here is the million dollar question: if I sold these would you buy one?
(I'm trying to find direction in my life, can you tell?) 

The Shabby Nest
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!

4 comments:

  1. Oooh good solution! and the color makes it even more fun! =)

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what I was thinking Kelsey...great for my iPad. And I love the orange!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I love the name of your blog and it's meaning, Chandeen!

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)