Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ikea Baby


We went to Ikea today. I love Ikea (who doesn't?). When I say we, I mean WE. It was my husband's whole clan. Jeff's parents, his sister, and her husband. We make quite a crowd walking around the store, I must say. But it is so much fun. We all help each other look for things and tease each other the whole way.

I didn't have my camera on my this trip, so all you get are pictures from the Ikea website, but I wanted to highlight some of the items I loved.

Here's what I want:
1) A COUCH ... I want a new couch in a
major way. Ours is just too dark and outdated for the house anymore. I'm just done with the brown leather. I'm really done with brown in general. I don't know what happened I used to love it, but now I'm on to grey. Guess I'm just that kind of trendy woman. Grey is the in neutral right now.

FIRST I saw this one .......

Which I love, but really it is not that practical.
Then Jeff and I spotted this one...

Which becomes this:
But .. alas they did not have it in grey. So I'm holding out for it to come back in stock, maybe by then we will have money for it. Jeff and I decided this was the best one. It really is a great design. The recliner portion even has storage underneath. The more I think about it the more I like this couch.
Another thing I want is....
2) A shoe rack. We need something to hold our shoes near the back door that we use all the time. I wanted this great little shelf for it.


But Jeff thinks it will be too tall (he might be right). So we discussed this one:
It is just that much shorter to make Jeff more comfortable. But ultimately I think this second one is just too wide for the space. In the end we got Jeff's dad to agree to make us a little box for the shoes with a little seat on top. I like that idea much more because then I will have a spot for me to take off my shoes.

Finally, we saw this lamp that we want for the living room as well. It is just that much smaller and sleeker than the one we have (and it adjusts up and down in height).

In the end all we bought was some candles,
...fabric (sorry no picture, I didn't have the patience to find the right ones online), and other assorted knickknacks.

Even though we didn't buy much I think it was a very productive day overall. (We also went out to lunch at a great burger joint, even for me who has never eaten a burger in her life. I had a turkey burger).

What is your favorite couch color? White, grey brown, or maybe you like something bright like orange. Lets share.



Confessions of a Stay At Home Mommy


9 comments:

  1. We bought a white leather couch with chaise when our 1st child was just a baby. Obviously my brain was still mush from the pregnancy and breastfeeding- what was thinking? Two kids later- we can't put anything white next to my 'Polar' coach because it makes it look more like cream. I do love it though- but I have to clean it a lot and joke to my Mum- "That she could have tried to tackle me to the ground to stop me "

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful furniture, and I agree with you on the second couch! Practical and very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I love IKEA, but like you said who doesn't? I think if I could replace any furniture in our house it would be our couches. They are hand-me-downs from my husband's aunt and while they are in great condition, just not my style. I long for grey couches too. I'm following you now!

    Brie from Darling Doodles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want a shoe rack. Sadly... Ikea doesn't believe in setting up shop anywhere near where I live LOL. Closest one is 6hrs [booo]. Someday though... someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to give you a little input on the couch you like. It is a totally awesome couch (looks wise), my ex boyfriend had one. However, it wears really badly. Just wanted to give you a heads up. I'm not sure if you sat on it or not, but it is a bit hard has the cushions are not stuffed like a normal couch (not sure how to explain that better!). It became flat in places and the fabric sort of pools and it just looks not so good. Anyway, just wanted to give you a heads up. Sorry if I ruined it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I could spend all day there if my hubby would let me. I like to bring my camera in with me so I can take pics of things that inspire me.

    As for the couch...get a neutral one so you can change the pillows, etc. with the seasons. I made the mistake of getting a colored one that restricted me bigtime when it came to decorating for the holidays.

    Thank you for your sweet comment @ www.DavisDomestications.com It made me :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I have that couch from Ikea that you want! The one in the dark gray color! I bought it last fall when it first came out. You're going to love it. I think, for the price, it wears fairly well. Sure, it's not the most perfect couch ever, but for the price it's great! I have a 2 year old and a 9 month old. It's been barfed on and spilled on multiple times and it still looks good. Also, the storage in the chaise part is awesome, and we L-O-V-E pulling the couch out and having movie nights. Trust me, it will be worth your wait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouh.. I adore that couch. and that shoe cabinet. Wow!! If only there was an Ikea nearby.. thank goodness for Jysk!

    I think grey is an awesome color for a couch. ours is off-white'ish leather, which I like.. but it seems to be more "off-white" every day, lol. When finding a sofa bed for the "office" we decided to be bold & daring and ended up with a red faux-leather one... (we're both pretty simplistic and lovers of neutrals).. we'll see how long before the red couch gets covered. lol.

    Goodluck in your couch hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A trip to Ikea is always nice, one can just pick up some small stuff.
    Even though furniture is always nice to buy too.
    The shoecupboard is really practical.
    I am so pleased with ours.

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)