Sunday, August 21, 2011

Learn Something New Every Day

The switch to a new email has made my life a whole lot more complicated. I now have to switch over all 150 of my blogs that I read regularly.

That leaves me with two issues:

1) What did i learn you ask? Well, I learned that which ever account you have open will be the account that you will be logged into when you follow an account. Did you know that? I have always only had one account so I had no idea. Now you know too.

2) How to change your blog email account holder. I made a new email, then added myself as a user. Made myself an administrator and then after I was sure that worked I deleted my old account. Actually that part was not the worst part. The worst part was then following all new blogs with my new account. There is probably an easier way to do this. I have no idea what way that is. Everything else I tried did not work.

To change your blog subscriptions over to blogger was a pain. I had to open them in my old account, then switch users to my new account and re-follow. Now each blog has me following them twice. I feel really bad about that because their numbers would be inflated (if only by one) because of this. I'm actually thinking of un-following all the accounts on my old blogger just to make life a little easier. It seams more fair, but then again, to my blog friends it looks like they lost a reader. Oh dear who knows.

I think what I'm going to do is un-follow my old blogs just to get my name off the internet so much. Again this goes back to my job hunt. Please...if you see you have lost a follower understand it is me and I'm still following you (or will be soon) I just don't want to be following you twice.

I will get this all under control. I might just delete my whole old account. That way there is no complications. I'll keep you posed on how all this goes.

2 comments:

  1. Wow good luck, I was considering changing my email account. But now I think I'll just leave it alone. I'm not very tech savvy, this would have me pulling my hair out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woa! I hate this kind of digital stuff around- it can waste hours and hours. At least you seem to be at the end of it :) Lynda

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)